Together forever

Introduction
Ok…the topic for this particular write-up was suggested by Dodo – a dear (but unfortunately, completely nuts!!) friend of mine.

You may call this a small (very small!!) peek into my love story. Well, first of all I wonder why this should be called a story when it isn’t a story at all, but a real-life incident. But I guess the word ‘story’ will continue to arouse interest regardless of age. So, here’s the story.

Let me borrow Dodo’s flashback style of narration (without asking him, of course!)

April 2006

I arrive at the Kochi metro to join my new job as a content developer in a software firm. About a week into my job, I meet Manu through a mutual friend. There wasn’t what you could call ‘sparks flying’, ‘instant chemistry’ or ‘love at first sight between us’. But I somehow found myself thinking about him. After a few days, I received a call from Manu. We got chatting. We got chatting for hours. We got chatting like hell!!! This went on for the next, few months.


July 2006
By now, both of us were seriously considering marriage. We informed our homes. All hell broke loose. I was forced to the resign job, taken home and kept under constant supervision. I was even subject to a few sessions of counseling aimed at changing my mind. In the meanwhile, another guy came to see me, liked me and things were quickly going out of my control. I was being forced into a marriage I didn’t like.


September 2006Torn between my parents and love for Manu, I had to make my mind - fast. I chose Manu. I left home. We got married the next day. We settled down in Manu’s house and were soon engaged in our respective careers. Ya, I know what you are thinking of. There was no honeymoon. Due to the unexpected marriage and subsequent threats and problems from my family, we decided it was best to keep a low profile.


There were lots of threats, a civil case, attempts of physical harm, online harassment, hate mails…what not. But somehow, we managed to outlive all that. Maybe it was not just ‘somehow’, but because of our strong belief in God and because we were determined to live well and prove our decision was right.


September 2007God was surely up there watching, guiding and protecting us. By the time we celebrated our first wedding anniversary, we had a 2-month-old li’l bundle of joy in our arms – our son Aman. Aman is obviously lucky for us – he brought us better times with great-paying careers for both of us. Today, our life entirely revolves around Aman.


So did our love win?
Yes and no. We managed to fulfill our dream of living together, having a baby, sharing every li’l joy and sorrow. But when I look back at the path we have trodden, the hearts we have broken, the bonds we have crushed, I feel we have lost more than what we have gained. My family has not spoken to me ever since I have left them.

As far as I am concerned, there is no pain greater than not being able to see or even speak to my parents who have spent the best part of their life bringing me up as an independent, confident individual. There is nothing more depressing than being unable to bask in the love of my brothers – who were more like friends to me. I really miss seeing them, talking to them, simply spending time with them.


So, how do I manage?
I know I cannot have the best of both worlds. So, I try to enjoy the most of what I have now. I celebrate every li’l step that Aman takes towards getting bigger, stronger and naughtier. I try to give my best to my roles as a wife, mother and daughter-in-law. Best of all, I enjoy testing Manu’s patience till he blows a fuse…hahaha


The morals of the story
Unlike the message conveyed by films, love does not have a happy ending once you get married. Marriage is just the beginning of love – a love that is rock-solid, more intimate, more understanding, more forgiving and more rewarding.

Sometimes, you may have to give up precious bonds to realize your love. Make sure you are emotionally strong to manage that.

I must add one more fact. Now I know it’s easy to fall in love with someone. But to fall all over in love with the same person after marriage, you have to be really lucky – like me!

Manu, from the depths of my heart, let me keep confessing ‘I love you.’


Comments

Anonymous said…
if someone reads this other nitha :)..i am her dodo.. :D..

Nitha,

I am proud of you..not just because you are my friend but more than that you fought for your love. I know what all happened to you. But that is life , some decisions can hurt many and make few happy...i know how much you miss your family...

There was this time when i talked to your bro..and i was trying to tell him your importance and what you did was correct..when he told me not to interfere..that is another part of it..once he talked to me also on phone...i will detail u on scraps..:)

but this was a writing with lot of love and density...


keep writing..now u are talking to someone :) ..u can hear and see and feel ..:D..lols


P.S : My writing style is patented :D..lols
Anonymous said…
other than all this ..dear !!! :)..

manu is lucky man to marry my dearest..and naughtiest..and and and :P lovely friend :)
Hi Dodo,

Thanx 4 the feedback Dodo..nice to know i hav such a responsive 'someone'!!!

I know my love story is one that brought upon much sorrow n humiliation for my family. I hope time will be able to heal their wounds.

Thanx a lot 4 trying to convince my bro...but i suggest u keep away frm such attempts again...u know y???

blood is thicker than water...there is no bond stronger than the one you share with your blood relations...one day they will undrstand that wen a real crisis arises, only their own blood with be able to empathize and help them out....till then, let them hate me as much as they want...aftr all itz also bcoz they loved me that much once upon a time....

Once again thanx for the +ve feedback on the writing...this is real encouragement for me to continue writing on a regular basis.

Nitha
Anonymous said…
ede .. :) sentiments neenaku cherilla..:D..u are always that naughty friend of mine..;)..ok now your next topic will be :P..our school days what say..all those pashu ..:D..stories ..:D


About convincing your bro..:)..i dont know whether i am doing it correct...but still what i need to do i will do ..:)..if i get a face to face meet with your bro..i will make sure i will convey what is in my mind..properly..even if he says not to interfere :)..lols..sorry da..u know me right..i am not the guy who waits for situation to get solved..instead i go for and find solution..in your case i am just doing a friends role..:D if possible.. :)..
Ikshaa said…
Hi came across ur blog and saw a short film of ur life:)Can see that u have vent out all that is debating inside u.Jus wishing u tht will get all the happiness u want:)
Thanks for ur feedback Ikshaa...Let's hope ur prediction comes true!!
Anonymous said…
ahhh...........
same fukin old style love story.dere is nothin much spl in ur 1 too... d ususal luv at first sight..opposition frm parents..n finally runnin away n blah blah blah.....
better write sumthin interestin n better 2 read rather than these kind of bullshit....
hey u...i not not here for writing fantasy novels or crime thrillers....this 'funkin old love story' is an incident from my life...i do not wish to exaggerate the events in it to make it seem exciting to 'funkin old' bores like you.

Popular Posts