A Son's Pride. A Mother's Too!


A day after I posted the pics of my dance, Dayaabaran ( @dayaaji )commented, “Your kids must be so proud!” 


I had to think for a while before replying. 


Thing is, in spite of the excellent rapport I share with my kids, most of the time I have no idea what is going on in their minds… Teens can be so unpredictable, you know?


So, back to the question. Are my kids proud of me?? Or are they embarrassed?? Yeah, it is a possibility, given the typical teenagers that they are…


I thought about it – rather deeply – for a while. And then it happened – an image flashed across my mind. 


An image from the day of the program. I was up there performing on stage and my son was up there too, on the sidelines, helping another guy with the curtains. 


Amidst a twirl, I caught sight of his face. There it was! A rather interesting expression. A mix of joy, pride, awe, anxiety and a bit of amusement….


As he later explained, the anxiety part was because he thought I would trip over something and smash my face on the floor!!! He has certainly inherited my over-thinking genes…!!


The awed and amused look? Well, this was the first time he saw me performing on stage… 


He didn’t care to explain about the joy and pride parts…. But it was certainly present.. What more do I need? 


So, with a huge smile, I sent across my reply to Dayaa’s comment, “Yes!! They are proud!!”

Comments

Popular Posts