Shatter the silence - Protect your little boys from those monsters!


Well, the monsters I am talking about are not the ones you find in fairy tales, but rather the ones who constantly wear a mask of decency when you are around and then physically abuse your son once you are out of sight. Believe me, this is a bigger issue than anyone would possibly imagine.

All of us are especially careful when leaving a girl child alone with someone. But we never seem to give a second thought to leaving a boy in such a situation. We assume that after all it is a boy, nothing wrong is going to happen. This is in fact a completely wrong assumption. There are more gays in our society than we imagine. And since such people never reveal their sexual (dis)orientation, we are never alert to their actions.

Until recently, I took care to protect my son from all suspicious characters who found their way into our compound – beggars, pilgrims, refugees, hawkers and the like. But I was unaware of the real danger lurking around until my husband told me about it. From the time my son started crawling around on all fours, some of our neighbors would come around and ask if they could take my son home with them for a while. Although there was no particular reason for refusing, I never permitted that. Now I am thankful for the intuition that made me say so.

When my husband told me about a neighbor who was actually gay, I found it hard to believe. After all, the man is married and has a kid too. But being a male, my husband knew several of his male friends who had been mistreated as kids by this particular neighbor. Since I had never heard first-person accounts of such experiences, I asked my husband for more information on this issue. What I heard made one thing clear – when someone mistreats a woman, it leads to much media attention and outcry. Even a mobile camera turned towards a lady can land the person in trouble. But there are men experiencing similar embarrassing situations but unable to reveal the details the way women do. Here are some real life accounts I heard:

There is a small grocery store my husband usually visits for quick purchases. If you ask me about the shop owner, all I would say is - a nice, well-behaved man. My husband disagrees with me and goes on to add that only women will describe him as nice. Being gay, he is irritable only to men. When males make purchases, the shop owner makes every attempt to touch the person and make the buyer stay longer there. Although the women in this locality remain unaware of this situation, the men have known this for long.

In crowded buses or trains, people often observe men who seem to snuggle up to women. But when a few men are huddled together, nobody takes notice. This serves as great opportunities for gays to exercise their sexual fantasies. My hubby and his friends who travel by train are regularly tormented by such men. They say the worst thing is not being able to react when so many women are around.

Its not just women who are scared of walking along dark alleys. Even men have to be careful to avoid homosexuals who may emerge out of the dark to grab them. One of my hubby’s friends experienced this when a gay tried to drag him away to a secluded corner as he was walking from the railway station to the bus stand nearby. The friend escaped unscratched by punching the guy straight in the face.

So as you can see, these homosexuals are all around us – friendly and nice to women but aggressively excited by the presence of males. It is up to parents especially mothers to make their boys realize if they are being mistreated or sexually abused. While I suggest mothers be alert to such behavior and remain protective of very little children, older kids can be taught to recognize the signs and immediately report if someone is making them feel uncomfortable. Although we cannot correct such disoriented individuals, we can certainly take every step to ensure that our kids are safe.

Comments

Popular Posts