Thank you, thank you everyone!


It is my 5th wedding anniversary today. Whew! Some 5 years it has been!!

At the time we started a new life together, many people – including a bunch of astrologers - predicted that we would not complete 6 months together. This 5th anniversary is the beginning of God’s answer to all those who tried to play God, to all those who claimed to see what was written in our stars but failed to see the love in our hearts.

When I told Manu that we ought to celebrate, he suggested the usual thing – prepare something special for friends and neighbors or throw a party of all of them. But there was something else on my mind.

I wanted to do something different, something really special. I wanted the two of us to personally visit and thank each and every person who supported us or played a role – big or small – in bringing us together. Well that list isn’t a short one. So I guess we have to spare at least a week to get it done. In the meanwhile, let me put down my gratitude in words.

Now here is a look at some of those wonderful individuals:

Neethu: She’s the one I’m indebted to most since I met Manu through her.

Ansil ikka: Manu first met me through Ansil ikka when the two were at my office. 

Suneer, Rinash and Jasar: Three incredible guys who gave us complete help, support (and transport!) at a crucial time.

Jayan chettan and family: A sweet family and Manu’s relatives that gave us refuge when we needed it most.

Jayaram Sir, Yamuna Chechi, Santosh chettan and all the staff at JR Computers: For arranging a nice wedding ceremony, providing great encouragement and helping us get started off.

Jairaj, Ginto and others: For their invaluable presence and support.

In addition to these individuals, there are also others who have made these 5 years worth remembering. Let me thank them too:

Raziya aunty: To put it simply, she is our World Bank! Whenever we hit a financial crisis, we go straight to her. She has always provided us excellent advice on maintaining financial stability.

Liya uncle, Hafeela aunty, Aysha and Ahzan: As Hafeela aunty says, she is Manu’s mother in law now. Actually this is the only family from my past that still maintains contact with me and pays me a visit every now and then. Thanks a lot for simply being there for us!

Harish and Vidhu: For including us in their wonderful trips to Guruvayoor and Kumarakom.

Finally, I would like to thank God Almighty for helping us find one another and for being there with us in all our ups and downs. Thank you God for this beautiful life and for this wonderful life partner. Love you Manu!

Comments

Popular Posts