My Splint-astic Adventures!


Life with a splint is a whole new experience. It's like having a tiny, unwanted roommate that's constantly getting in the way. I’ve found myself fumbling with everything from buttons to doorknobs, and let’s not even talk about trying to open jars.

Typing has become a tedious affair. My fingers are meant to dance across the keyboard, but now, I'm reduced to pecking away with my fingers. It's like a toddler learning to walk. 

I've even resorted to using voice-to-text, which is kind of entertaining but not half as satisfying as going tippity-tap on the keyboard.

My dog, on the other hand, finds the splint fascinating. He's constantly tilting his head, as if trying to decipher the strange contraption attached to my hand.

He’s sniffing it suspiciously, probably wondering if it's a new kind of chew toy. My little horse dog must think it queer, watching me struggle with tasks that once seemed so simple.

Despite the challenges, I'm determined to make the most of this unexpected adventure. I've learned to be more patient, more resourceful, and more grateful for the simple things in life – such as an opposable thumb.

Plus, it's a great conversation starter. People are always curious about the splint, and it's been a fun way to connect with others.

And who knows, maybe I'll even develop a new-found talent for one-handed tasks!!


#splintlife #handinjury #recovery #healing #positivevibes #challenge #adventure #thumbinjury #opposablethumb #dailylife

Comments

Popular Posts