A work-at-home mom....ME!!!!

I had always loved working out of home.....travelling, meeting new people, sharing ideas, having fun.... I was primarily engaged in the travel industry.....But after marriage and a child, my preferances have altered considerably...Now I am not so keen on working away from home...I feel I have to be here for my baby at this stage of his life - when he really needs me....That is when I thought of working 'from home'....

And the decision could not have been better...Now I have a great career, good pay, reasonable working hours, lots of time to spend with my family (and in the kitchen!!!) and - best of all - I don't even have to step out of home....Now isn't that the perfect job of your dreams..??

When I began hunting for jobs from home, I came across hundreds of sites (most demanding an initial investment) that promised ridiculously huge amounts for working with them....after corresponding with them for a while, I discovered most of them to be just scams....and after about 6 months of hunting I realized that there was no short-cut to a great income from the convenience of your home....In short, you have to be willing to put in time and hard work to start earning real money....

My first stumbling block was that I wasn't professionally qualified...I just happened to have a degree in literature, fairly good creative writing skills in English and a wild imagination!!!! And since i could not include all that (except the degree) on my resume, I wondered who on earth would actually offer ME a job....Anyways, the first thing I did was to spice up my old resume and register with all leading online job-sites - naukri.com, monster.com and the like....

Believe me, the result I got was overwhelming....I could hardly believe there were so many opportunities available for creative writers today.....I responded to a few companies whose pay scale and working hours seemed to match my needs....after a few writing tests, I joined three companies as part-time content developer.....now i have enough work to keep me busy and earn me a good income...I have also recommended several of my friends (and earned a small commission too!!)

soon I began browsing for more info on such jobs and discovered the variety of writing-oriented jobs available - ad writer, copy writer, content developer, editor, proofreader, technical writer, instructional designer,.....I can go on.

So if you are sure of your creative writing skills (devoid of grammatical errors), if you have a practical knowledge of the MS-office suite, if you are comfortable with resarching on the web, if you are willing to put in some time and effort...then wat r u waiting for??? send me a mail at nitha.manu@yahoo.com and i will be happy to get you started....

Hope my little write-up was useful.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
so now you have a chance to tell me how i can make some extra money :P..lols..

a good write up...so Mrs Manu..will you help me up !!! :D..
Hey Dodo...

I know u r already earning more than you can possibly spend....

U do not need help on earning extra...u seriously need help on spending or managing effectively...

I'll try to cum up with another write-up on that

Popular Posts