Listening to the raindrops

Its monsoon in Kerala...The magic of these rains is hard to describe in words....One minute you see the scorching sun, suddenly the entire sky is overcast by ominously black clouds and the very next minute the rains pour down....Sometimes the rains can lash down without warning...and sometimes you get to see the rains and the bright sun together - with delightful displays of rainbows!!!

I only thing I find irritating about the rains is that it makes drying clothes almost impossible...I hang out the clothes on the line and before I turn away I hear the rains approaching....Off I go, scrambling to collect all the clothes before getting drenched....as i somehow manage to make it to the door, the rain just seems to disappear and the sunshine seems to be laughing at me!! Once again i set out to repeat the procedure...In short, I simply keep running to and fro with the clothes...at the end of the day, all the damp clothes will be hung from all available spaces inside the house...

The best thing about the rain is its rejuvenating effect - it seems to have a soothing effect not just on the body but on over-heated nerves too!! And I love the smell of wet earth...the scent given out by dry earth that has been long awaiting a cool shower...

What do I do on a rainy day?? Nothing!! I just curl up near the front door, watching the rains... munch on some peanuts and wonder if my hubby is getting soaked in the rains right now!!!

The rains always brighten up my mood...Oh how I love these cool showers!!! Hey whatcha you waiting for??? Get out in the rains and enjoy this delightful blessing that God is 'showering' down on us!!

Comments

Unknown said…
THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED "NITHA"

Popular Posts